3. October 2011 19:34
The main change in this update is the new look for the UI bars (setting bar, zoom bar, compass bar), which makes them similar to the standard application bar; they are now expandable and each button has a small description that explains what it does. We also made all buttons circular (instead of rectangular). All these changes should make the UI bars easier to use than before.
Here is the full list of changes in this update:
- Improved bars
- rounded buttons
- each button has a label
- The Pluto fans should celebrate, as Pluto is now supported and displayed on the map
- We added a few new settings:
- Planets – show always (on by default) – when set, it shows planets always, no matter the zoom level
- Messier – shows always (off by default) – when set, it shows the Messier objects always, no matter the zoom level
- The labels for constellations in night mode now use a slightly different color
- Various performance improvements
- Fixed an issue that was happening when running on Windows Phone 7.5: clicking on the wikipedia link (in the object info pane) was loading an empty page
This update is available for both Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 7.5.